How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9338
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently living abroad and think I may have a federal

Customer Question

I am currently living abroad and think I may have a federal warrant for my arrest. Can I retain a US based lawyer to check to see if I have a federal arrest warrant?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: New Mexico. I am not sure if I have a warrant.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. But I would like to retain one from abroad if possible.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

The answer is Yes, you can retain an attorney from outside the US.

You can get a free consultation from some of the federal criminal defense attorneys listed by location here.

I hope this information is helpful.

Related Criminal Law Questions