How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sister in law posted on facebook, i and my family was crazy

Customer Question

Sister in law posted on facebook, i and my family was crazy and she would have to do something to me.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Banned me from seeing my only brother from the hospital. Maybe he agreed, I don't know.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am an agent/broker, vice president of a company at the time of the comments. May, 2015
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly.

Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What can I do if anything against Chase back? I would have to ask for pro bono or donate to get this done.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is***** am another expert on the site, your previous expert "opted out" - this sometimes happens.

I have reviewed your prior posts, and I am very sorry to learn of this situation.

If your sister in law made a specific threat to harm you physically you can file for a civil restraining order against her, but a single vague threat to "do something to you" made over a year ago on a social media site is not going to be sufficient for a court to grant this order.

If your goal is simply to "get back" at your brother's wife, you are engaged in a Quixotic quest for which there is not a legal remedy. I understand that you are very frustrated with this public posting, but understand that facebook and similar social media sites should be given very little credit and are easily dismissed by limiting what you see on your own thread (you can block this individual and ignore what they post - your own friends are not going to believe these unsubstantiated allegations).