How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3169
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend took my son and left the state of Alaska he is

Customer Question

My boyfriend took my son and left the state of Alaska he is on unsupervised probation for his second DUI he is trying to take my son away
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I need to know how to make him come back to alaska
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes I have documents that he took after he got out of jail of him drinking, what he drank and he has driven my can multiple and bout a car they he never put in his name
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: They told me that the state of Cali didn't have jurisdiction over my son but because my brother was on the house when he got back from his vacation and he is a user that they granted him tempary custody and said he had to come back to Alaska but he hasn't yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I've told them everything, I need to know what other ways I can get him to come back here now,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Good night, I am an Immigration and Criminal Law attorney, I'll be the expert assisting you tonight. Please understand this is for informational purposes only, we do not have an attorney-client relationship.

I'm sorry that you are going through this, I can't imagine how difficult it must be with your son missing. Some of your initial transcript is unclear, I'm wondering what state your son is in now? And can you please explain a little more about how custody was granted to your brother? Then I think I will be able to better assist you.