Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

How do I turn in someone who tried to blackmail me.

Customer Question

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  ComputerTechMaster replied 10 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Your question was placed in the computer category. Are you asking a computer related question or should this be moved to the Legal category?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Legal category.

ok

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
One of your clients told me to pay 300 dollars, or have my private video sent to my family.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon Richard,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been an attorney for more than 3 decades.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What was the nature of the private video?

2. What state are you in?

3. What state was the person who threatened you with exposure in when the threat was made?

4. Are you asking about how you can seek to have this person charged with a crime?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** microsoft would like to know what their clients are doing.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Do you need any help from me at all?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Look all I wanted to do was infirm microsoft, that one of their clients using skype is blackmailing people. I do not know what state she is in she wouldn't tell me.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Doug