Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My girlfriend was visited by someone from DES and said

Customer Question
they're investigating her because they...
My girlfriend was visited by someone from DES and said they're investigating her because they think that when she applied for food stamps that I was still living with her when in fact I was staying at my sisters house, about 5 minutes away, for over a year. which we considered ourselves not in a relationship. She paid all the bills and the rent which are in my name. About two months ago I started staying with her for about a week at a time to see if we can work things out due to the fact that we have two girls, I haven't moved in completely because shes been talking about moving back to California pending our relationship status. Ant advice would be greatly appreciated.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: No ma'am
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that's it. I'm just really worried because we are hard working people we have two daughters. And it seems that they don't believe her that I wasn't living there because she has pictures of me up, for our daughters, and I have clothes there.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/25/2016
Criminal Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a specific question regarding this?

Ely, Counselor at Law