How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3164
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My car registration was suspended until I paid over $600.00

Customer Question

My car registration was suspended until I paid over $600.00 in "Salvage Title " fees to the California DMV for new plates from am unidentified insurance company that I did not salvage my vehicle to after settling a collision claim with them that was not my fault.
JA: Regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California sir
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: I am planning to see my local legal aid office in the morning, other than that, I cannot even locate the insurance company who did this
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Pro Bono
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 12 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 12 months ago.

I don't understand how you settled an insurance claim with an unidentified company. Can you please explain further?

Related Criminal Law Questions