Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was wrongfully and falselyl accused of "hittin" a

Customer Question
co-worker while we were in...
I was wrongfully and falselyl accused of "hittin" a co-worker while we were in the middle of an evaluation. My trainer and evaluatior were witness to her accusation and obviously it was false. This has caused a lot of undue stress and mentail anguish and negatively affected me to the point I was not able to complete my evaluations successfully
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Hawaii
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: We are both pilots it was in the middle of a simulated validation ride
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/23/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Lawyer

.

Criminal Lawyer: AttyHeather, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience. What is your question?

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good morning, I am a former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I now practice Criminal Defense and Immigration law. First, if you are afraid of criminal punishment, you need not worry. It sounds like you definitely did not touch this other individual and that there are witnesses to the fact that the accusations are false. The Prosecutor's office will not be able to meet their legal standard in order to file charges against you, so I do not think you need to worry about that.

If you are wondering whether you have a case against this other person for emotional distress or lost wages, then that may be possible. I would advise consulting with a civil attorney in your area and giving them all the details to see whether there is enough for you to proceed with a civil suit. Many attorneys will give a free consultation. You can use google or other popular search engines like Avvo in order to locate an attorney in your area that you like. I hope that's helpful, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Good evening, just wanted to make sure you don't have any follow-up questions from our earlier conversation? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns.

Please take a moment to leave me a positive rating using the stars, this does not come at any additional cost to you, it's just the way attorneys are compensated for their time here on 'just answer'. And you are still able to ask me any additional questions and receive answers from me for free even after you rate me. Thank you!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer