How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nisha Jones, Esq. Your Own Question
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 591
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nisha Jones, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was wrongfully and falselyl accused of "hittin" a

Customer Question

I was wrongfully and falselyl accused of "hittin" a co-worker while we were in the middle of an evaluation. My trainer and evaluatior were witness to her accusation and obviously it was false. This has caused a lot of undue stress and mentail anguish and negatively affected me to the point I was not able to complete my evaluations successfully
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Hawaii
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: We are both pilots it was in the middle of a simulated validation ride
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 11 months ago.


Expert:  AttyHeather replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience. What is your question?

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Good morning, I am a former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I now practice Criminal Defense and Immigration law. First, if you are afraid of criminal punishment, you need not worry. It sounds like you definitely did not touch this other individual and that there are witnesses to the fact that the accusations are false. The Prosecutor's office will not be able to meet their legal standard in order to file charges against you, so I do not think you need to worry about that.

If you are wondering whether you have a case against this other person for emotional distress or lost wages, then that may be possible. I would advise consulting with a civil attorney in your area and giving them all the details to see whether there is enough for you to proceed with a civil suit. Many attorneys will give a free consultation. You can use google or other popular search engines like Avvo in order to locate an attorney in your area that you like. I hope that's helpful, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Good evening, just wanted to make sure you don't have any follow-up questions from our earlier conversation? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns.

Please take a moment to leave me a positive rating using the stars, this does not come at any additional cost to you, it's just the way attorneys are compensated for their time here on 'just answer'. And you are still able to ask me any additional questions and receive answers from me for free even after you rate me. Thank you!

Related Criminal Law Questions