Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

A friend of mine was charged with reckless driving wanton

Customer Question
disregard, hit and run, open...
A friend of mine was charged with reckless driving wanton disregard, hit and run, open container, drug paraphernalia, DUI, and misdemeanor child abuse in Forsyth County North Carolina. In your professional opinion what do you think the outcome of her trial will be?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/23/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Michael J, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Michael J, Esq.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.
By continuing, you acknowledge that I am not providing legal advice and can only comment on the law in general.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell you what the outcome will be without knowing all of the facts about the case, including what happened, what the investigators found during the course of their investigation, how the State feels about the case, the person's criminal history, and many other important factors. It's just too broad to answer. If you have another question, I'll try to answer it for you.

Michael

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, I also spent some time working in both the Jail Traffic and the Domestic violence divisions. I believe I can help you with this. From what you shared, each of the offenses are misdemeanors, which means when stacked up together, your friend could be looking at some lengthy time in jail.

In addition, because of the child abuse charge, child protective services will most likely have already been contacted, and the the child will most likely be removed from the home. They will first try to place the child with a family member willing and able to care for them. If no family member comes forward, then the child will be placed in temporary foster care with the state.

I hope this is helpful, please let me know if you have any further questions. Good luck!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

Good evening, just wanted to make sure you don't have any follow-up questions from our earlier conversation? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns.

Please take a moment to leave me a positive rating using the stars, this does not come at any additional cost to you, it's just the way attorneys are compensated for their time here on 'just answer'. And you are still able to ask me any additional questions and receive answers from me for free even after you rate me. Thank you!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer