How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nisha Jones, Esq. Your Own Question
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 701
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nisha Jones, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I beat a dui?

Customer Question

How can I beat a dui ?
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
I will be happy to answer your question.
Please note that any information is provided for educational purposes only!

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. Please be advised that we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship, this is solely for informational purposes only.

Without the details of your case, no one can specifically answer your question. I can let you know that the factors that will affect the strength of the State's case against you include: whatever evidence is in their possession, including but not limited to a BAC test for example, and whatever witnesses they may have.

That being said, there are many possible defenses that you may have. Those will be unique to the factors surrounding your situation and arrest.

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I would suggest hiring a Criminal Defense attorney in your area right away. The sooner he/she can get to work on your case, the better. There's alot that can be done, even in the initial stages of your case.

Possible penalties for a DUI range from probation, rehabilitative classes, to jail sentences. Many states have a first offender program, in Florida it is called Back on Track. If this is your first offense, you can likely be placed in a similar program. The good news is that at the end of successful completion of the program, your case is dismissed. Again, I would recommend hiring an attorney in your area right away so that they can get to work on this for you. I hope that was helpful, good luck!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Good evening, just wanted to make sure you don't have any follow-up questions from our earlier conversation? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns.

Please take a moment to leave me a positive rating using the stars, this does not come at any additional cost to you, it's just the way attorneys are compensated for their time here on 'just answer'. And you are still able to ask me any additional questions and receive answers from me for free even after you rate me. Thank you!

Related Criminal Law Questions