How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3162
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I made a mistake and bounced a $8500.00 check. The guy never

Customer Question

I made a mistake and bounced a $8500.00 check. The guy never said a word to me. 3 mo later the cops call and say what about this. I call his attorney and try to work out a payment plan but he want more than 1100.00 a month. So now i am in small claims court and dont know what to do. I will pay the guy buy I dont have 1100 a month or the 8500. what can i expect or what should i do. I live in North Carolina
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

What was the check for? How did it happen to bounce?