How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3149
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 18 years and recently received a summons to court for

Customer Question

I am 18 years and recently received a summons to court for underage possession of alcohol.
I have a perfect record including in driving, however I did admit to the summoning officer that I possessed the alcohol.
What are my options to expunge / remove the summons from my record, if at all?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Based upon what you shared above, as a first time offender, you would want to ask the prosecutor when you appear in court, if they have a diversion program you can enter into, to try and get the case dismissed. If they do and you successfully complete it, you can then proceed and have this expunged from your record. If you admitted to this and/or do not have any defenses to raise, this could be the best way and chance you have of getting this dismissed and then expunged.

Related Criminal Law Questions