How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16623
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

M 18 years old and my girls parents looked through her phone

Customer Question

m 18 years old and my girls parents looked through her phone where she had a few butt shots she had sent me and about 5 that we took in underware but the only sexual intercoarse was me fingering her once. Shes 15 and a half and theyre going to charge me whats the worse and best outcome of this situation? Massachusetts.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, under Massachusetts law any penetration of a minor child under 16 is considered a child rape, regardless of whether the minor child under 16 has consented or not and the law state following:

Section 23. Whoever unlawfully has sexual intercourse or unnatural sexual intercourse, and abuses a child under 16 years of age, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for life or for any term of years or, except as otherwise provided, for any term in a jail or house of correction. A prosecution commenced under this section shall neither be continued without a finding nor placed on file.

So conviction of child rape in Massachusetts can carry a penalty of up to lifetime in prison, but the judge can also sentence convicted adult to any number of years in prison, as judges have lots of discretion when it comes to sentencing person convicted of child rape and also even if sentenced to several years in state prison, the penalty would also include lifetime registration as a sex offender.

So, given the fact that the situation similar to the one you have described can result to major sex crime charges involving child, it would be the best idea to consult and retain local criminal defense attorney who specializes in sex crime defense.

Also, it is important not to talk or discuss this major criminal matter with anyone, but your local attorney and to closely follow your local attorney's advice.

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Related Criminal Law Questions