Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former administrative hearing officer
17897874

A tenant of mine was assaulted by her boy friend I called

Customer Question

A tenant of mine was assaulted by her boy friend I called the police they came and escorted her to the hospital were she received four stitches for a bleeding lip meanwhile the boyfriend ran out the back door and was not apprehened, is their a warrant out for this man
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Did the girlfriend press charges?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I know is that she gave the police his name and the police took her to the hospital to get stitches or that she filed a complaint or not I don't know
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If charges were filed then he will probably have a warrant on file for his arrest.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

However, if no charges were filed then there probably is not. If there is it may not be executed until he is stopped form something else.