How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 42203
Experience:  licensed attorney in criminjal law for 30 years
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son's dad put a temporary restraining order against me so

Customer Question

My son's dad put a temporary restraining order against me so I couldn't take him out of the county to our new home. How did I get it dismissed
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nc
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. Got served today
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: School starts on Wednesday and I can't take him because of this order.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did drop a letter off to the court with where I moved and where he would be going to school that same day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The day the restraining order was issued saying I didn't tell his dad where I was moving.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

The TRO here should be set for hearing pretty quick within two weeks.Your first step is to make sure the courts file reflects you sent the notice to the court and the ex.You are likely going to need a local lawyer and you will need this proof of notice.You can seek a quicker hearing on the matter and present the notice.Your lawyer wold seek to get this heard as quickly as possible.Assuming you have provided the notice here you should prevail as you complied here with current orders.

You may also want to look at seeking to raise child support here since you are going to need a local lawyer here.You can also seek legal fees for all of this.I know that this is frustrating I hope a lawyer can get this heard and dissolved.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Lawyer referral

North Carolina Bar Association
Cary, NC

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll free:(###) ###-####(IN-STATE ONLY)
Counties Served: Statewide

I wish you the best here.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Here too ensure that the non-custodial parent’s relation with the child is not affected as a result of the relocation, the court may amend visitation schedules, force you to pay for the children to travel back to visit your ex, or provide for alternative visitation such as Skype visits. Be prepared to address those issues here and why moving is in the child's best interests.These are critical to having the NC judge approve your move.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

You have rights to eek to remove this in court.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated .I wish you the best here in court.