Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I've heard that armed robbery is parolable here in Georgia

Customer Question
I've heard that armed...
I've heard that armed robbery is parolable here in Georgia now
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I've been in prison now for 5 yrs
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/14/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

If you're serving a life sentence for armed robbery in Georgia and you were convicted between 1995 and June 30, 2006, you will be eligible for parole after 14 years. If you're serving a life sentence and were convicted after July 1, 2006, you will have to serve 30 years before you are eligible for parole.

If you are serving a non-life sentence for armed robbery, according to the Georgia State Board of Pardons and Paroles, you are not eligible for parole.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD