Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

OK MY DOC MADE An error and for three months called in xanx

Customer Question
scripts into walgreens and CVS...
OK MY DOC MADE An error and for three months called in xanx scripts into walgreens and CVS Jan, Feb & March of this year..I picked them all up
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: FLorida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yea but he wanted $6000 to talk to me
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: pay him $6000
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: In march of this year I was arrested for DUI and am now n probation,,super huh..should I just sell all my furniture and get ready to be picked up
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: I just told u
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/13/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Hello. I will help you today. I have been an attorney for 27 years. I am reviewing your question and will be back to you shortly.

Has your probation officer contacted you and told you your probation will be violated?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, I just started probation on Aug 4

Sorry, just trying to understand what you have written.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I haven't been charged yet will they look for this?

You say your DUI was in March. What other charges are you concerned about?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when my state addiction counselor submitted a report to the state he included a printout from the CVS that showed I ad two scripts in 1 month, one from him and my GP..I know I should just shoot myself now

Was this reported to your probation officer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it will be
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess I am beyond help thanks anyway.. I need to go find a home for my cat

No wait

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do not call me

I don't want to call you.

I am trying to give you advice in writing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the site is saying you will call
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

The call is an automatic option notification. I will not call.

When did you pick up the prescriptions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jan, Feb and MArch 2016

Did the DUI happen after this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but the one that went to the state from my addiction guy was in July

Got it. Is this what led to your DUI, taking these scripts?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
drinking

You are now being drug tested?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't eat or sleep and work knows something is up I cant take it anmore, yes I am being drug tested

You need to be as level headed as you can. This happened before your probation and the start of the rehab ordered in your sentence.

Technically you did not violate probation. You were not yet on probation, correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
correct but its still a felony I will lose my cpa license
and everything
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have nothing no money no family

Has your counselor said they are reporting you to the police?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, but they had to include that report to the state safety driving counsel which shares with probation and the courts
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
eventually the January thru March stuff will be found out
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
in FLorida they have a new law that even I extra narc script within 30 days will get reported to the police by the pharmacy

And perhaps they will see it as part of the problem that led to your DUI and that you need help and rehab.

Did the same pharmacy fill your prescriptions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am up all night readiing this
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will need a lawyer again and my DUI lawyer took all my money I have none
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but thank you

If you don't have money, the court will appoint a lawyer for you.

Please hang in there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ugh I will have to quit my job to show no money...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you for helping

Don't do that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THe firm will fire me

You need to wait and see what happens. They may not charge you. Just follow what you need to do on probation. Get counseling and support. You are thinking too far into the future.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you pls say a prayer for me

Many of these new script laws are designed to find the doctors and the pharmacies that are doing the wrong thing.

I will pray for you. I believe in prayer. You have to promise to keep doing the right thing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have been reading stories of arrests and many are folks that just did it once and weren't on probation or had priors
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks so much GOd bless

Stop reading those stories and concentrate on your job and probation.

You need to build your life from here and take care of your cat.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I f it weren't sent to the state in the docs report I wouldn't be fretting so much
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks again

You are welcome. My prayers are with you. Reach out if you need me again.

Get into exercise.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would but I am frozen with fear

And think more positive about your life. You can have a better future. As my Dad used to say, stick with the program and Go Easy.

Get unfrozen. It is up to you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
awesome dad..bye colleen write *****@******.***..I am really lonely
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will let you know what happens, I need to tell someone

Hang in there. If you pray, maybe you should go to a church and find people and support. Good luck.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
k bye

Go Easy

Ely, Counselor at Law