How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 37818
Experience:  30 years legal experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a used car paid and state suspended my liscensce due

Customer Question

I got a used car paid and state suspended my liscensce due to not having sr22. I then got it and paid for license renewAL it posted on 8/9/2016 and paid my insurance company. Then late 8/9/ 2016 got pulled over due light bulb out and they said liscensce suspended. It was in transition secretary of state processed on 8/11/2016; even though I paid and it was submitted on 8/9/2016. Will my liscence be suspended?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Melanie,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You will want to go to court on the citation for driving on a suspended and be sure to take proof that you had obtained your insurance, submitted the SR22 as well as all the fees for the license renewal before you were pulled over and that but for the lack of final processing---which is a simple ministerial act---that your license was again valid. The judge will dismiss the driving on a suspended. Just be sure to get the light bulb repaired too and you will be just fine.

Just like an insurance issue, the court is most concerned that you have a valid license at the time you are pulled over. Your license was valid because you did all you needed to get it renewed. The state's computer documentation simply had not caught up yet with the fact that the process had been completed by you and you had nothing more to do to get your license back.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening Melanie,

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,