How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9389
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Got a WV police citation for violation of WV state code

Customer Question

Got a WV police citation for violation of WV state code 61-8-5(b), was requested to call court by 8/15. What I need to do? Please help. Thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

The statute you were charged under is posted at

You should call the court as directed. At your first court appearance, it is traditional to plead not guilty and, if you cannot afford an attorney, to ask the court to appoint an attorney to represent you. You should not agree to any interview with the police or prosecutor until after you have an attorney. It is best to not speak about what happened with anyone other than your own attorney for now.

You can get a free consultation from some of the criminal defense attorneys listed by location here.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney who can go over the facts with you and advise you in confidence.

I hope this information is helpful.