How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal-Kal Your Own Question
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Legal-Kal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am doing a little research for my nephew. He was arrest in

Customer Question

I am doing a little research for my nephew. He was arrest in Golden, CO for DWAI. He lives and works in WYoming, he was told that he can not leave the State until his court date of August 31. Is there away to get him back to Wyoming to be able to work???
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Arrest in Golden, Colorado lives in Wyoming
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I'm in Texas and he has not been able to get ahold of a public defender. No money for an attorney.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no, just want him to be able to get back to Wyoming and work.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

What this appears to be is one of the conditions of bond. A standard condition of bond is that the individual is not to leave the state until the resolution of his or her case.

However, Courts are flexible with this condition as long as their is good reason for flexibility (usually work and home related).

In situations like this, the individual must go in before the judge as soon as feasible and inform the judge of the situation (i.e., working out of state or living out of state) and ask the Court for permission to travel.

This can be done before the first court appearance. It is done by having the case "motioned up," which means requesting that the case be placed on the docket to be heard by the judge.

Questions based on this before I continue?

Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

I see you have read my response.

If you have questions, please ask.

If not, please remember to click ACCEPT and leave a rating with three stars or higher as that is the only way experts can be credited for taking the time to provide information to individuals. Thank you!

***General information provided here is for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as such. It is always wise to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction as they would be in the best position to assist***