How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4187
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend and I were driving at the time with one of his

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I were driving at the time with one of his friends. We went to drop his friend off downtown and later picked him up. We did not know that right before we came to pick him up he had robbed an elderly woman and got in our car as the getaway vehicle. me and my boyfriend were arrested and are being charged with two felony 3. The main guy is still out on the run. My boyfriend is still locked up and I am out on bond and house arrest. I have no criminal past but my boyfriend does. The woman that was robbed apparently had called EMS. What do you think the outcome will come to?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The womans bank card, purse, and keys were in the car at the time.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Your best chance for the most favorable income is to work with a criminal defense attorney who can negotiate an agreement with the prosecuting attorney to drop your charges in exchange for your cooperation and testimony. By doing so the criminal charges can be completely dismissed.

The second best outcome will be a deferred prosecution In this situation you are placed on probation for a period of time at the end of which you will appear before the court and the carges will be dismissed.

The third best option will be for you to plead guilty to a lesser charge and receive probation.

Given your lack of criminal history one of the three outcomes is the most likely.

The other alternative is to insist on a trial and hope to get an acquittal. The facts that you describe support your innocence. But there is always a risk at trila, and trials are very expensive for defendants.

Talk to your attorney about pursuing one of the first two options.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about my boyfriend. He has a record.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.

You boy friend may have a more difficult time than you do because of his record. BUT he needs to do the same thing and try to work a negotiation through his attorney.

I know that you are concerned and worried for your boyfriend, that is why being in a position to cooperate can be good for both of you. BUT you need to do so through your attorney.

I hope this additional information is helpful to you.

Kind regards,


(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)