How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116715
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in a small town on cape. more than 6 years ago, some,

Customer Question

i live in a small town on cape cod. more than 6 years ago, some young, new police officers developed a vendetta against me, laughing, dancing around my car, telling me i had committed a felony misdemeanor (????). for that incident, i hired an attorney for $800. the magistrate dismissed the case, saying, "dismissed, no probably cause." i can't afford legal help, although i certainly need it. some other "immediate threats" were driving over the curb of a street that has no curbs, and has had none in the 35 years i have been a resident taxpayers. some were anonymous call from people saying i was driving all over the road. these people turned out to be the girlfriends of the accusing police officers. not one "immediate threat" had any validity, and when my doctor wrote a letter to the police chief, asking what the medical offense was, the chief ignored the doctor's letter (a teacher at Mass Medical in worcester),and sent the letter to the town lawyer. 3 times i passed the driving test. now, i am stressed out at the injustice, and it gets more and more difficult to concentrate on passing the test. i've been a teacher, driving an 18 passenger bus with 20 teenagers, 6 boom boxes, 6 different radio stations....and never a complaintl perhaps that was due to the blue plates on the van. do you have any suggestions on how to solve this (for me) serious problem. on cape cod, without a license, it is impossible to work, go food shopping,to effect, have any kind of life at all. so far we have lost several police officers due to proven criminal offenses. i have NONE. i've never been arrested for anything. a simple CORI would prove that point, but the remaining corrupt officers are determined to crucify me. the chief was fired. i have a number of newspaper articles about the terrible state of affairs within the police station. do i just give up? i need to work, or i'm in danger of losing my house. if you have any ideas, please let me know. if you dont, thank you for taking the time to listen to my "ranting".
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: janet sullivan/***-***-****/143 tonset rd, orleans, ma 02653. teacher. graphic artist, photojournalist, former member of several town councils, etc. the state is MA, the charges are "immediate threat medical" with no medical reasons listed.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: can no longer afford one.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: hate to say it, but it seems to me that i am a random victim of the odd humor of very young police officers. i am not the only victim. i am sick of taking driving tests (which are not free)...
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your first thing you need to do is fight the newest issue, to prove there is no medical threat to Registry and make sure your license is not suspended. You need to file an appeal and have your doctor appear. Once you do this and get this charge dismissed, then you would need a local civil rights attorney (likely from Boston) to represent you and sue the officers and department for civil rights violations for malicious prosecution and harassment by filing these false charges against you. I am afraid this is a two step process and the only way you can do it is in that order, first fight the license medical threat issue and then once you prove them making a false claim on that issue, you can sue them for damages including attorney's fees you have incurred for their filing these false claims against you.

Related Criminal Law Questions