Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Please help. No DNA evidence and or substantial evidence

Customer Question
against a juvenile who was...
Please help. No DNA evidence and or substantial evidence against a juvenile who was convicted of rape in concert in California.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/7/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us about this situation?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there anyway that he can be exonerated for this conviction if there no DNA evidence and or witnesses? He was coherced into w false confession.
Thank you for your reply.
If he gave a confession, he is going to need to prove the confession was false. There are many convictions on cases like this without DNA based on statements of the alleged victim and the defendant. Not having DNA is something that his attorney can challenge to challenge the truthfulness of her statements, but he will also need to provide proof the confession he gave was coerced as you say, but if he cannot prove the coercion and that his confession was false, he would not be able to get this conviction overturned.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer