How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Attorney Your Own Question
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1316
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Bill Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Morning got a legal question can I fail criminal charges on

Customer Question

Morning got a legal question can I fail criminal charges on somebody for electronic harasment.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for your question today and it is my pleasure to be of assistance to you today. The use of this forum will not constitute any lawyer-client relationship but is strictly legal information provided by me to you. After taking my opinion on board, you should further consult with local attorney, who will be able to assess your information based on local laws and a complete interview.

I will do my utmost to answer your question as accurately as possible. If I require additional information, I will ask you and please provide as much as is convenient and possible in your circumstances.

In return, after I’ve answered your question, PLEASE RATE THE SERVICE POSITIVELY BEFORE LEAVING, this ensures that I get a credit for my answer.

Alternatively, you may follow up with me on your question until you sufficiently understand and are happy with the explanation of the law, and THEREAFTER PLEASE RATE POSITIVELY.

Please describe the harassment in more detail if you can ?

My initial impression is that you may need to make a complaint to the police.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My exfiance is using Fb and social media to expose my current girlfriend and using her pictures to advertise prostitución services .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know if I press criminal charges
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for this information.

Yes this is is indeed both a criminal and civil offense.

The use of your girlfriend's picture is both defamatory, and an invasion of her privacy which can be sued upon in civil court, where she can seek monetary damages.

She can make an immediate demand to the websites to have her picture withdrawn from those sites. The sites should comply with her demand.

As far as this is a criminal offense. Prostitution and solicitation are illegal and should be reported to your local police station and the District Attorney.

Identity theft, the use of your girlfriend's picture to advertise these services is also a criminal offense.

Once these crimes are reported to the police/ DA's office , it is up to them to criminally prosecute the person responsible for posting these images.

In the meantime, I would suggest that your girlfriend contact facebook and the other sites to immediate remove the images.

If you have no further questions, PLEASE RATE POSITIVELY, before exiting.

Thanks Bill

Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to have to remind you again. PLEASE RATE POSITIVELY, so that I get a credit for providing your answer.