How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got turned down for my gun license because I didn't

Customer Question

I got turned down for my gun license because I didn't remember something from 30 years ago the police department said I lied on my application but I did not lie didn't remember how do I go about getting my gun license state of Massachusetts
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your only options are to first appeal to the chief of police in writing explaining how you forgot the information from 30 years ago and how it was so long ago and such a minor incident that the reasonable person can forget and it was not intentional. If the chief of police refuses to reconsider, you have to file a petition in the court for rehabilitation and to ask the court to issue you a certificate of rehabilitation for whatever the issue was that was in your past if it was a criminal offense. If it was not a criminal offense or it was a criminal offense that has already been discharged, then under MA law the chief of police has the final say.