Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I got turned down for my gun license because I didn't

Customer Question
I got turned down for...
I got turned down for my gun license because I didn't remember something from 30 years ago the police department said I lied on my application but I did not lie didn't remember how do I go about getting my gun license state of Massachusetts
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/2/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your only options are to first appeal to the chief of police in writing explaining how you forgot the information from 30 years ago and how it was so long ago and such a minor incident that the reasonable person can forget and it was not intentional. If the chief of police refuses to reconsider, you have to file a petition in the court for rehabilitation and to ask the court to issue you a certificate of rehabilitation for whatever the issue was that was in your past if it was a criminal offense. If it was not a criminal offense or it was a criminal offense that has already been discharged, then under MA law the chief of police has the final say.