How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13642
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in California and have a warrant in Oregon from 2002

Customer Question

I live in California and have a warrant in Oregon from 2002 for forging a script. Somehow, Idaho and Washington also have warrants on me. I have been clean 6 years and have two questions:1. Will writing a letter to the DA or Judge in that county explaining that I'm clean, started a successful biz, employ people, etc. and can we just drop the warrant?"2. I got married last year and changed my name. Will that warrant show up under my new name?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to helping you.

Unfortunately, no, writing a letter explaining that you have changed your life and are now doing well will not persuade a judge or prosecutor to do anything. If the warrants are for misdemeanors, you may be able to have an attorney appear on your behalf and have the warrant recalled, though some judges will require a defendant to be present also. Regrettably there is no way to dismiss a warrant without appearing to answer or having a lawyer appear.

A warrant will still show up even if you legally have changed your name, yes. If they didn't, all people would have to do to avoid being arrested is change their names.

Gentle reminder: If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Once satisfied with the answer, please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Thank you!

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Was there any additional information you needed or that I could clarify for you? If not, kindly remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars so I am credited for my time and assistance. It does not cost you anything extra to rate my answer. Thank you!

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

What additional information may I provide you or how can I clarify my answer for you today?