Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What are the laws around police search and seizure while I'm…

Customer Question
What are the laws around...
What are the laws around police search and seizure while I'm in a hotel? Should I keep my most sensitive things in my car? And where can I keep larger sums of cash safely without fear of police seizure? I have a past that I'm paranoid about. I really need to know all of the laws surrounding this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/1/2016
Criminal Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

The police need to have a warrant to search your hotel room. They do not need a warrant to search the car. So the hotel room offers more protection as far as search under the 4th Amendment of the Constitution.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit
Thanks for your understanding
Phil