Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I just tested positive for THC for the second time. But I…

Customer Question
Hi I just tested...

Hi I just tested positive for THC for the second time. But I haven't been smoking. Of course the first time I was tested as soon as I got on probation I was indeed dirty. But this time I haven't been smoking at all and I still tested positive. I don't know what's going to happen now

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?

Well I was on probation 5 yrs ago and didn't have a problem at all

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/1/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, if you have tested dirty this time and it is a second offense, you are likely to face a probation revocation and will be looking at some minimal jail time and fine for violating your probation. You claim you have not been using, then you would bear the burden of proving how the THC came to be in your system. You can pay to get your own new test to try to prove that their test results were incorrect and if you can do so then the court will throw out the new claim for failing the test against you and it would not count. If you cannot prove the test is invalid, usually for a second offense on a probation violation the court will give 5-30 days in jail and order some type of substance abuse program though (it varies by judge, but that is what is typical).
Thank you for your reply.
I already read that and replied to you about what will happen and what you can try to do to get out of this matter. Please read what I wrote.