How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3169
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have someone that is currently held in the county jail

Customer Question

I have someone that is currently held in the county jail facing misdemeanor charges of Violation of protective order (2) Criminal mischief (2) and harassment communication (1) The total bond amount is 205,000 and from what I understand is that the judge will not budge on the set bond amount. The judge wants the some of the charges to be changed to felonies and he is using a free attorney that I don't feel is fighting for him. The harassment charge was to a child abuse hotline that he missed a call from and he continued to call til someone answered so he could make sure that his kids were ok. The criminal mischief charges, he has an affidavit stating that there is no possible way that he could've been there because he was at work with coworkers. The violation of protective order, the first time was a message he added to child support that he was sending and the second time was a run in on the same road in the same parking lot while he was working and had a business partner with him. I have screenshots of his exes boyfriend telling him that a woman's voice has power and that all his ex has to do is claim something happened whether true or not and that is how the protective order became. I have the boyfriends criminal records and he has multiple violations of a protective order DWIs and assault to family member. The court sentencing is on Thursday and i wrote a character reference that for some reason will not be accepted. What can I do to show that he is not a criminal and he is harmless. I have experienced his anger and i have never felt afraid, he is not physical and never has been. He is sweet and caring. No one will benefit from him being gone for possibly a year except for the exes boyfriend. I am lost.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what do I do", "what are my rights", or "what are my options", we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.