How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118725
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My girlfriend on last Monday went to court and put a

Customer Question

My girlfriend on last Monday went to court and put a emergency pfa on me and was granted a10 day emergency one. But the problem is I own a business at the address of ressedence and business are the same. So now I can't work or keep the business open and I have all proof needed to prove she lied in the court to get it granted and.I been trying for three days to get my business back but judge keeps denieis me. How can I get the law to make her move till the court date so I can run my business
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I don't want to be with her or care if they leave the pfa on me. But I have yo have the right go run my business
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Delaware and no cause all my money is tied up. I'm flat broke cause I can't access the bank records got no where to live but outside in my tahoe
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The land lord don't want her there and is in process of sending her notice she has texted me several times and tried to run me of road and followed me and which I have all on camara and phone and the one text states that she told the judge lies so she could make sure she got it approved
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, you have to get a hearing before the court, you are entitled to a hearing and if the judge denies you at the hearing, then your only chance on this is an appeal to the court of appeals.
The good news is that if you finally prove the PFA was obtained falsely, you can sue your girlfriend for malicious prosecution and you can make her pay you everything you lost in your business over these few days.
I know money is tight because of what she did, but most attorneys will understand that and work out a fee to represent you and force this to a hearing faster and get it lifted or at least get the judge to allow you to remove everything you can to run your business.