Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have a really good friend who is being charged in federal

Customer Question
courts with drug conspiracy based...
I have a really good friend who is being charged in federal courts with drug conspiracy based on heresay and he is looking at 25 years
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: I am trying to figure out what I can do to help him before his sentencing in september
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Texas
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Well I was told that someone else on a similar charge got permission for a lie detector test to be admissible in court if his family paid for it. This would be for the purpose of discrediting the people who said he sold drugs . Do you think this is true
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
7/27/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. No, it is not true. Polygraph test results are never admissible in court no matter who conducts the test. They are not considered reliable evidence. If your friend really didn't do what they were charged with, then they should speak to their attorney about offering to take a polygraph administered by the Government with the agreement that if he tests nondeceptive that the charges will be dropped. The Government can't use a failure test as evidence against him, but if he clears the test, they might consider dropping the charge.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 27th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.

Marsha411JD, Lawyer