How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an elderly disabled woman and my neighbour who I

Customer Question

I am an elderly disabled woman and my neighbour who I thought was my friend took my trailer an won't return it he took it to upstate NY which is six hrs from here an left it there so he can use it there . 2 yrs ago I spent 600 dollars on tires an rims I don't use it that much so they are still like new. He will not this happened the beginning of June
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers. [Proof that you are in good hands].

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

ANSWER: First you will need to send the neighbor written notices by mail, email, fax, certified mail etc [as many ways as possible] informing him that you want the trailer returned to you within 30 days and if he fails to comply, you will file a complaint with the police for trespass to chattels and/or a civil suit for damages. Keep copies and proof that you sent this letter to him. If he fails to comply, then go file a police report and sue him for civil conversion.

Related Criminal Law Questions