How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 37778
Experience:  30 years legal experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was cited dui and I have submitted information to the Dunn

Customer Question

I was cited for a dui and I have submitted information to the Dunn County Clerk of Courts that I will be pleading not guilty. My court date is 09/21/2016. Am I required to pay the deposit amount before my court date?
Lawrence * ****** ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Lawrence,

I see you are asking the same question again. While most states have no pre-payment of a deposit obligation if you want to contest a ticket, some states do and while I didn't specifically find anything for Dunn County, I did find information from another WI county. And because these issues tend to be uniform throughout the state, it is my opinion that yes you do have to pay the deposit before court. Here is a link to the site I mentioned:

Now, if your citation requires that you appear at a hearing, then you do not have to pay the deposit and you can simply show up at the hearing.


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

If I have already provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,