How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33752
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my friend got a ticket but the marijuana wasn't s of the

Customer Question

If my friend got a ticket for marijuana but the marijuana wasn't his of the person that it did belong to told the police could they revoke the ticket given to him and in place give it to the person the marijuana actually belonged to?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Are you asking if the person that actually owned the marijuana confessed to it could the police withdraw the ticket they wrote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is the question
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the police could void the ticket or at least ask the DA to void the ticket and issue a correct one in its place.

However, if the person who actually got the ticket has a lawyer all of this should be done through the lawyer. That way there is a guarantee that the ticket goes away before the person confesses.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If he does not have a lawer is there any way he can make sure that his ticket is voided before the confession?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

No, unfortunately not. He can't even guarantee that a confession will void the ticket after he gives the confession without a lawyer.