How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask California Lawyer Your Own Question
California Lawyer
California Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1036
Experience:  Licensed to practice law in California
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
California Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a baby daddy to an unborn child and he will not

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a baby daddy to an unborn child and he will not listen to me when I tell him he is not welcomed here at the house I'm at. He keeps saying he's coming and he has a record of harassing and menacing and even got a charge dropped of an assault in the 4th degree on my mother!
JA: Employment law can be complex. Fortunately, the attorneys we work with can answer any questions you have about harassment, and I'd like to match you with the person who's the best fit.
Customer: Ok who would that be?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I've only talked to police and they have told me numerous times to retain a restraining order against him but I am afraid he will break it and not follow by it
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: He's a physical and mental abuser!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  California Lawyer replied 1 year ago.


The police are correct. Seek a restraining order. If he violates it, it gets the criminal process started and gives the police something to work with. A violation of a restraining order is a crime. Make sure you record his contacts and save text messages. Have witnesses if possible.

What he is doing is illegal and if you work with the courts and police, they will make it stop. Plus, its good evidence to have in the inevitable family court battles to come.

I hope this helps.


Related Criminal Law Questions