How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3152
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a non violent felony that is about 9.5 yrs old, but

Customer Question

i have a non violent felony that is about 9.5 yrs old, but paperwork i have is confusing. One says its a forgery and one says misdemeanor. I am wanting to start Nursing school and need this removed.. Trying to figure out if any new laws in texas has been passed for this , so i wouldn't have to go to court or pay a butt load of money to an atty
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: I live in Louisiana but charge was in Texas.. I worked for this real LADIES man as ya say. He was or is a bail bondsman in Marshall, TX. He wanted me to move to marshall so I could be his asst and relieve him on some weekends with bails... So he loaned me the $1800 or $2200 can't remember been so long.. We set up payroll to deduct each wk til paid in full. But when I did not accept his sexual favor advances i was fired and next thing I knew I had deputies at my apt arresting me for theft.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I was tooo broke to hire an atty back then. So had to use the Free One and of course that got me no where..
JA: The Criminal Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: No mam I have not... talked to an atty.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I just want to be able to enroll in Nursing school and have my gun rights restored.. My fiance' is after me to get a concealed carry permit.. I told him I didn't know if i can.... The case is pretty simple.. It was a he said she said kinda deal and because i was fired for not sleeping with the boss plus having payment for loan come bk out of payck I couldn't make copies of the screens that showed it was coming out of ck..
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you have an actual conviction?
What was the charge it says you were convicted of specifically?

Related Criminal Law Questions