Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

In 1979 I was charged with stealing car and taking across

Customer Question
state lines. I server 5...
In 1979 I was charged with stealing car and taking across state lines. I server 5 years probation and was let off probation in 3 1/2 years at recommendation of probation officer. The probation officer told me as far as he knew I could hunt and own guns. he new my family owned ranch, etc. I then proceeded to operate a hunting business all across Texas and always had guns in my truck. Now I find out I was never supposed to do that and could have gone to prison. I've never been in any trouble since whatsoever. How does someone go about trying to get a governor to padrone them?
JA: Probation issues can be stressful, but getting correct information is key to getting control of a situation. Fortunately, the attorneys have a lot of experience with this, and I'd love to connect you with the best fit.
Customer: do you know an attorney who will give free initial consultation in Texas?
JA: The Criminal Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: So whats the next step and what can I expect to pay?
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: Amount?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I raised 2 kids on my own from the time they were 8 and 10. Both have been model kids, one graduated from UT w Honors and one is successful welder for dept of defense company.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
7/18/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

If yours was a Texas conviction in state court, you'd apply for a pardon from the governor of the state. No lawyer is necessary to apply for the pardon and it is free. THe application form and instructions are on line, and I am linking you to them here.

If yours was a conviction in Federal Court, a pardon from the governor of Texas will not get you back your rights, since it was not the state of Texas that took them away from you in the first place. You'd have to apply to the President of the United States for a pardon. You would do that through the Pardon Attorney in the Department of Justice. Once again, no lawyer is necessary, and it's free to apply. You can learn more about the process and get the application here.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD