How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you time. In 1996 I was a accused of a crime I did not

Customer Question

Hello and thank you for your time. In 1996 I was a accused of a crime I did not commit. Because I did not have money to hire a laywer I was pretty much rail roaded into a conviction. I ended up serving 2 years then 3 on parole. I have not had one single altercation with the law since. The crime I was convicted of was Indecency with a child by contact. I know this automatically makes me look even worse than the common criminal. But I did not touch my step daughter. Her statement and mine both said the same thing but after CPS had over 6 months to brow beat my step daughter with "He touched you didn't he" (Her words not mine and she would always be crying when she came home from the alleged 'CPS counseling secession.) They, CPS got her to alter her statement. I know this because I saw her first statement and so did several other people. Her second altered statement was changed and extended from the original half page to a full page. There are many other things that happened during this farce of a investigation and trial. What I want or need to know is, Is it possible for me to get a pardon. I am so sick of being restricted by this charge. I simply want my life back. I have tried in the past find out this info but I have been learning where to look for information since then. I again thank you for your time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel. I suggest you can apply for Clemency/Pardon under Texas law and then follow up with a Petition to the courts for an Expumgment. You can read the TX code on that here.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Here is a link for the forms. You should apply for a Full Pardon.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Now keep in mind the following:

This is not an overnight process. It could take nearly 2 years depending on backlog for an investigation to even begin.

This is only a first step. You will then need to Petition the court for an expungment of the conviction. The Clemency does not guarantee the court will grant your expungment.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

In the left menu of THIS LINK you can click onto "clemency" and read more.

Related Criminal Law Questions