How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4498
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was charged. I actually was the one assaulted. The person

Customer Question

I was charged for assault . I actually was the one assaulted. The person (My brother) punched me as I was sitting in my truck. Right through the window.
He was not happy when I said I will be with whomever I choose.
I had to go through court only to have it finally dismissed for them not getting hold of him .
Im furious that its on my background check
Now I have to pay for it to be removed.
Cant i make someone else pay for it?
My brother lied so he could keep his housing .
He already has a horrible background of abusing women.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 1 year ago.


The only way to make someone else pay for it is to sue your brother for malicious prosecution, and recover damages from him. The police and prosecutors were just following the evidence that he gave them, so ultimately he is likely the one that will be responsible. You would have to prove that he lied to the police, however, so if there is more evidence than just your word against his, it would help you in court.