How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have some outstanding traffic violations to the municipal

Customer Question

I have some outstanding traffic violations to the municipal court of uvalde
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I talked the the court clerk and she suggested I write the court and tell them that I am indigent and unable to pay
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: up to 4 years outstanding
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel. That is a good suggestion by the clerk of the court. You will need to provide evidence of your indigence. For instance, if you own a home they would not consider you indigent. But if you are unemployed, do not have any bank accounts or other assets, then that is possible.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

And so you could write a letter that says something like

I am requesting this honorable court to forgive my traffic fines because I am indigent. I have no job, no bank accounts or other assets and I do not expect to be having any financial windfalls in the future.