How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26823
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to do a back ground check on myslef, I have a

Customer Question

I would like to do a back ground check on myslef
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I have a 10 year hold but I don't remember the actual dates. California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, but would like to talk to one. I am older now and would like to get into hunting.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I would like to go trough a pardon process.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


In order to get an official background check, you would have to get printed and order your criminal record from either the FBI or the State of California.

The FBI would give you your 50 state and Federal record. You could get just your California record here.

Here's some information the California pardon process. No lawyer is necessary to apply for a pardon.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.