Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My father set me up back in 1986 in order to take away my

son. Thru my ex-husband the...
My father set me up back in 1986 in order to take away my son. Thru my ex-husband the DEA went to my home and inside the home found nothing illegal. I was a mortage beroker in Miami, doing good. One agent entered thru the wooden garden door and " found a military metal box and according to them they found a moisted plastic pakage that contained less than 800 gm of cocaine that I did not had any idea it was hidden under a tool shed of a home I had bought close to two years. I had 3 agents that alleged they threw me to the floor. I saw them they did not even knew how I looked. One agent threw my maid to the floor and he thought that was me. I heard the scream, took my legal 38 S&W held it on right hand pointing to floor. I am left handed. At the area of my master bedroom about 12 of the agents came from the florida area talking among themselves as it all was a party. I told them I was close to them and I had a gun on my right hand pointing to the floor. They changed me with possession, a recorded conspiracy to stop on the way to a mortage closing of a chocolate shake, took my weapon. Whgen I was brought to the Magistrate Peter P*** I had no attorney. They told the Magistrate that 3 of the agents forced with me to disarm me. I inmediately told Magistrate P*** that this was a lie that none of the saw were I was standing and the thing they found in a military metal box was not my property. The Magistrate told me to get a good attorney but he allowed me to leave on my own recognition. I beleive he knew the 3 agents were lying. I left the country to avoid having my father send via his Federal Judges from Puerto Rico a letter recommending me to be incarcerated for 55 years so that then he would legally take my child away since no court in Puerto Rico took away from me the rights of a mother. Since he had money he was not able to buy his way thru the system. Once my father died I surrendered directly to the pilot of the airplane flyng to Miami. He told me he would make sure I would not be hurt. I was taken in handcuffs all over the airport directly to Magistrate P*** again. The Magistrate congratulated me for being a responsible person and surrendering and I explained to him that I was more afraid of my father's vedetta than of the Federal Court. Again Justice P*** told me to go and get a good attorney. I told him I did not move to Miami to hand around attorneys. I had no clue who was a good one or not. I was forced to plea guilty on possession in order to get the attempting against 3 DEA agents and they said they had to force with me. It was all a lie, no one ever touched me. I did 24 months in WestVa. Allowed to leave 6 moths to a halfway house. My case manager and the leitunant from the BOP told me numerous times that I did not fit the profile to be incarcerated. I knew that. I had not committed a felony. I do not smoke, I do not drink and never have used any type of illicit drugs. I found a great job 20 years career with Labor Finders. From 1989 ghru Office Force ( the clerical division ) and in 1994 I jumped to the Construction division. I producd 10million$USA a yar worth of business and managed 5-6 offices depending on the demand. In October 15,2008 I requested my separation from LF because I did my fact check and knew that Obama was going to start by ruining the construction industry and that was my forte. Inmediately after I separated I went thry USF and became an Outreach OSHA Teacher for Construction, Roadwork and Maritime. I thought being on my own I could certify workers to get responsible jobs but nothing was our there. I becamse a volunteer for 2 years for the US Federal Court Southern District of Florida drafting an 18 hour course to help and train Second Chance and the Re-entry Program for Federal prisoners. I have letters that attest my efforts in good faith. I have never, even before the problem my father put me into had a parking ticket, nor a legal problem, I had a stready job in my father business until I refused to remain married to a man that his best friend was a pedophile but my father was the one that force me into that marriage. I have letter to attest to my moral principles, values and decency. My question is: Today we face threats from all over between afro american and the police. Dead good policeman in Dallas affeted me to see. 7 were shot and tonight the same BLM protesters contiue until they flow the entire country since their puspose is to interrup our elections. I am a political peron in my Facebook. I am very much aware of what is being cooking for years since Obama took office. My question is now that I live in Asheville, NC do I have the right to purchase a firearm just to keep at home to protect my life and the life of my 100% disable veteran husband? Do I have any rights to purchase a weapon in North Carolina and not do anything against the law at the same time? How long do I have to be punished for something I did not do? Any statutory limits on felonies?
7/11/2016
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

Unfortunately, criminal lawyers do not get to give a great deal of good news, and your question is no exception. If you have been convicted of a Federal felony, you have lost your gun rights. You cannot have anything to do with a firearm, not just in North Carolina but anywhere in the US or its territories.

That conviction does not expire. You will carry it on your record all of your life because Federal offenses cannot be expunged. The only way you will be able to get your civil rights restored would be if you applied to the President of the US for a pardon.

I won't kid you. Presidential pardons are very rare. But if you can get one all of your civil rights will be restored. And if you have managed to stay out of trouble since 1986, you will have a better chance than many others who will apply.

You petition for the pardon through the Office of the Pardon Attorney within the Department of Justice. A pardon is free to apply for and it doesn't require an attorney. So you really don't have anything to lose by applying. You can learn more about this and apply here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I agree with the attorney. Sometimes we come to life from a family you beleive is decent but then when money and power lives in their soul they will not hesitate to ruin someone elses life. This has been the most horrible experience in my life and I do beleive that in some specifical situations all shoud be sealed. My father had no idea of the consequences I had to pay for him taking my son away. Not only I am an ex-felon but he ruined my life as a mother. His actions were sinful. Regardless of my past I do have an excellent reputation and people respect me for what I have achieved. I did not let this end my life but I still drag the pain, shame and loss of my only child. My father raised my son to be co controlling that I have only seen my grandkids 5 times and this is killing me softly. Some people for vengance will not hesitate to kill someone and at the same time leave them alive. My mother shot ay me when I went home to pick my son. I had another attempt on my life by mmy fathers best friend sons, he fired a .45 at me while I was trying to take a bus to go see my son. It is hell !! I have so much pain in my heart that I go speechless. On the other side I gain nothing by not telling you the truth as it was. In Puerto Rico the son of a Senior Federal Judge his wife asked for the divorce and he shot her from shoulder to shoulder 13 times and the 14th bullet between the eyes. That is the way rich peole solve problems in that island. I dont even want to be burried there. Thanks for your advice. No surprise to me. But then I thought it would be good to hear it from the horses mouth. Thanks for your service. Have a great day. Be cautious we are going thru horrible times in our country thanks for the Obama racial divisions. God help us all.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will never request a Pardon for something God knows I did not do. I am a decent person with a horrible label over my head. I shall live whatever time I have left on earth with this shame. Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry for a few typos. I have glaucoma and catarats and I cannot see well. I apologize.

No need to apologize,

The pardon is the only way to get official forgiveness for a Federal felony conviction. No state can give you back the rights that the Federal government took away. Only the Feds can do that. I wish it were otherwise, but that's the law of the land.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD