How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31781
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I checked my credit report and found out that someone had

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I checked my credit report and found out that someone had put some timeshare deeds into my name, that resulted in unpaid maintenance fees , that went into collection, that trashed my credit. Ihave filed a dispute with trans Union. Anything else I should do ? Thanks R***** *****
JA: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?
Customer: There is no contract It was identity theft
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet was looking on your site will probably have to get the family atty involved
JA: My parents are both dead.
Customer: sorry to hear that mine are in late 80's
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Before consulting a private attorney, your best option is to contact the consumer protection division of your state attorney general's office. They can assist you with investigating the issue, resolving your association with the debt and hopefully bring the people who did this to justice.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If the AG's office can clear you of being the party involved -- and establish identity theft -- you can usually have them issue a letter to the credit reporting agencies to clean up your credit report.