How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being accused of taking a safe from a company. There is

Customer Question

I am being accused of taking a safe from a company. There is a video of someone coming in with hood and gloves simply walking in grabbing it and walking out. No shot of the face. There should be no way I get arrested and accused of this. Is there?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Who is accusing you?

Are you an employee of the company where safe was stolen?

Have you been questioned by law enforcement?

Please provide me with more details.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The owner is the person saying he has proof it's me.I used to work for them, I was recently let go.I have not I'm in a different state, a detective is calling my family looking for me, the owner called my wife and explained everything I told you.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

How long ago did alleged crime take place?

Did you consult and retain an experienced criminal defense attorney in the state where the alleged crime take place?

Do you know what is the amount of funds that are alleged of being stolen?

Did you have access to the safe through your course of employment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apparently it happened a few days agoNo I have not the time to sit down with one.I actually was promoted from the the location I'm being accused of stealing from. To my own store on a different state. I could only guess any where from 500 to1500$, depends on what day it happens
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, a person can be arrested and charged with a crime, even if the video surveillance recording doesn't show the fact of the person who took the safe and in many cases people have been charged with a crime and convicted without any video tapes showing that the person had committed alleged crime, but based on other direct or circumstantial evidence.

So, generally, if police wants to question a suspect in a criminal investigation, it means that police does believe that the alleged suspect might have potentially committed the crime, but police is looking for more evidence and wants to obtain such evidence through questioning / interrogation of the alleged suspect.

Given that fact, any person who is subject to an ongoing criminal investigation, should not make any statements to the police, since any statements / information given by the suspect will only be used to build a criminal case against the suspect and it is important to take such situation very seriously and to consult / retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney and to let this criminal attorney handle any and all communication with police.

It is important to consult and hire an experienced local criminal defense attorney in the state and locality where alleged crime took place.

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you