How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33544
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was sentenced to 45 days in michigan. I live in TX and did

Customer Question

I was sentenced to 45 days in michigan for doing. I live in TX and did not report to jail. I was
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. I know the lawyer has information that can help.
Customer: I have panic disorder and had one on Monday and can take undergo being in a cell. I also have other significant health issues and I want to look at getting sentence reduced or probation moved to texad
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet. My original lawyer never would include my health as a factor
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I also need to travel out of the country in October .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With a warrant in michigan and living in texas can I travel outside the country and really enter?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

You never know for sure on these. If it was a misdemeanor then the chances are extremely low that the warrant would be showing on the airlines or the airport's website. They usually show felonies and not even all of them.

Unfortunately, the list itself is not available to the public and the criteria they use for placing people on the list is "classified" just as the requirement for being placed on the no-fly list are classified.

However, you should be able to get his wrapped up by October.

The court has a limited amount of time to modify its order so anything that you are going to do has to be done quickly. If you aren't confident in your lawyer then you should hire another one ASAP. You can find one by going to and int eh section for Area of PRactice enter Criminal Law.

Once the issue is resolved the judge can enter a specific order telling the DA to remove your name from any warrant databases, etc. Again, with a misdemeanor it is extremely unlikely you will be on the list at the airport anyway.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to have an attorney petition for a reduction in sentence or move jurisdiction to texas?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

You might be able to get the probation moved to Texas but not the case and not the jurisdiction. As long as the court still has power to hear matters and enter orders then the court can modify the order as it sees fit. You may want to talk to the lawyer about having an expert (like your doctor) testify.