How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9415
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Story short. My boyfriend is a sex offender. We got in a

Customer Question

Long story short. My boyfriend is a sex offender. We got in a argument so I went and stayed with my mother for a week and he said he was going to leave so I assumed he did and told the sex offender lady he left. So now he has a 2,500 bond for failure to register, but come to find out he never left so technically he shouldn't be in jail then. He has court tomorrow will they let him out or what since he never left from the house he is registered at?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

I cannot phone you, but my opinion is that he is not guilty of failure to register because he is registered at what remains his current address. So I predict he will win the case eventually if the prosecutor does not just dismiss it.

I hope this information is helpful.