How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3164
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I called what I thought was a non 911 number to make a

Customer Question

I called what I thought was a non 911 number to make a statement of my concern for my fiance as he had went into a rage and was talking suicide before he left the house. I was not in fear even thought he did show some physical confrontation mildly but my greatest concern was him harming himself. The state of Iowa located him and arrested him whe he was away from the house and in a calm moved based on my call even though I said over and over my concern for his well being and the fact that he was driving in this state. The found and arrested him and the State of Iowa arrested him and slapped a NCO on him on my behalf which I stated over and over I did not want. I woudl like to petition the court to have the NCO dropped as it is impeding on our family life, finances, home, work and future doctors and counseling visits to address his depression etc. How do I or can I go about doing htis.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: IOWA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Firday before fathers day this year
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: This is a first time offense only thing he has had in the past is one speeding ticket, no drugs or drinking ever in his lfe, yes has a history of depression etc and was recently out on Lexapro which seems to habve not helped yet made things worse
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What did your local attorney advise you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I myself researched and reached out on behalf of my fiancee who I made the call about and spoke once to both his personal attorney and the state prosecutor the state prosecutor said to email him reason I feel it should be lifted keaving out details of the night of the arrest and said if he saw nothing to warrant concern he would in 5 to 1p days get me in front if a judge to request the NCO to be dropped. My fiancees attorney went out of his way to guide ne also even though he can represent me but he has a clear understanding that the sheriffs report was not accurate. Our family is at stake here.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Does your fiancee still have criminal charges pending against him?

What is your legal question about the situation?

Related Criminal Law Questions