Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

Just trying to determine whether my husband is under

Customer Question

Just trying to determine whether my husband is under investigation
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: He has a pretty serious background and is out on parole and doing well, but now we have people following him and just weird stuff. Texas
JA: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: We haven't found one to take his case. It's almost like stalking
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: His background includes attempted Capitol murder on the brother of a criminal d.a. in Dallas county nearly 20 years ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He did nothing wrong last time he was out of prison and started being questioned about cases he was not a part of and they had NO proof of and then was threatened by a judge to take a plea because they had him on 23 cases of car theft with each case having a 5 year sentence and over half of those cases would get a sympathetic jury due to his background. So he accepted a plea for 11 years, to not chance 115. Then they dropped all those charges while he was incarcerated (1 yr) and picked up organized crime so he got no time granted for the year he was there in county
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to determine whether he is under investigation for anything at all?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

There is no way to tell going through the legal system. Investigations aren't listed anywhere. What you can do is hire a private investigator to follow him and see if anyone else is following him. If you can find one that used to be a cop then they likely have friends in the departments and can still ask around in there.

We've done that before for a client who thought they were being followed and it turned out they were.

That's the best way and, really, the only way to handle it.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has people following him everywhere. He has pictures of vehicles on our street and those same vehicles with license plate numbers in surrounding cities.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We just can't sleep, our house is now monitored by 24 hr recorded surveillance, our kids are scared to be at home. Our whole life is in turmoil and he has done nothing wrong other than protect himself 20 years ago towards someone who tried to run him over.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about filing a request through the freedom of information act?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

No, the FOIA or the Open Records Act don't cover criminal investigations. The PI is the only way to go but if he can get license plate numbers, etc. then he can find out who owns the cars and the other info.

It shouldn't be very expensive just to get this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, well then I guess that is the only way to go, just trying to get our lives back. All because he messed up years ago
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I understand and you have my sympathies. Hopefully everything will work out well.

Best wishes to you and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help thus far and will be looking into pi's
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome.