Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I am a 33yr old stopped time ever and an injection of an

Customer Question
I am a 33yr old...
I am a 33yr old stopped for 1st time ever for DWI and an injection of an illegal drug. Breatherizer test was ,18. Refused anymore test on the spot. Taken to jail so a warrant to be gotten and served for a urin and blood. It was about 3 hrs later. What am I looking at for charges and legal eve. And legal consequences. In South Dakota. I live in Minn.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/28/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello
This is Samuel. I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
For a first offense, if convicted, the POSSIBLE penalty in SD carries a max 1 year in jail and up to $1,000 fine with a license suspension.

Many times, however, on a plea agreement the state will allow a probation instead of jail with community service and substance abuse classes. I suggest you can consult with the Public Defender in the county where this happened to see if you qualify to have representation. Otherwise, it would beneficial for you to consider a consultation with a local SD attorney who may be able to work out a plea arrangement in your best interest.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.

Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law