Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Do I have to appear omnibus hearing? wa, yes, He hasn't

Customer Question
Do I have to appear...
Do I have to appear for my omnibus hearing?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: wa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: He hasn't givren much. Pub dedfendr
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Do I need to be there
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/27/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Unlike civil cases, defendants are supposed to appear at any hearing other than a docket call from which they have been excused. Since the purpose of an omnibus hearing is to ensure that the defendant is being adequately represented, the trial schedule is moving along, etc. then the defendant would be expected to be there unless they have written permission not to attend.

The lawyer could tell you that it is not necessary to be there but if he does be sure you get it in writing so that if the judge gets upset then you are protected.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.'

You're very welcome. The point of this is to tell you to always protect yourself.

Best wishes to you and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. The experts don't get credit until the customers issue a Positive Rating.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer