How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had meet this guy o match, com he came over to my house

Customer Question

I had meet this guy o match , com he came over to my house .things started getting heated. next thing i knew he rip my panties off and forced his self on have tried to get a hold of him and he tells me he has got a restraing order on me . but i have not recevied anything.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.
I am very sorry to learn of this situation.

What you describe is sexual assault or rape. It is a crime, and you can report it to local law enforcement.

As far as a civil restraining order, in order for one to be properly issued, the complainant would have to actually have the respondent (you) personally served. (I suspect that the individual said this to you in order to scare you from reporting his crime of sexual assault - which is a felony).

Given what happened, you may want to consider whether or not you need to take out a restraining order against this individual (a law enforcement officer could assist you with this decision, it is based on whether or not there is a risk of future harm from the same individual).

To report this crime, simply contact your local police or sheriff's office and file a report.